5.12.2011

A Crafty Birthday

My birthday was a few weeks ago, and I got a few crafty gifts I wanted to share. First, I've already shared my new sewing machine, the birthday gift from my awesome husband. Next, is this shirt, made by one of my best friends.


If you know what this is about just by reading it, I know you are a big Gilmore Girls fan like me! I love Gilmore Girls. I own all 7 seasons and watch the entire set several times a year. In fact, season 5 is going on in the background as I type... This shirt is from the 3rd season, click this link to get to the scene (around time spot 0:45). Anyway, Lena freezer paper stenciled it onto a super comfy shirt for me. I love it!


Next, my older brother is in school to become a machinist. I don't know exactly what the job description for that is, but he told me that a mechanical engineer designs machines and a machinist makes them. Anywho, he needed an idea for this lasering acrylic assignment, so he made me (and Jake) this great plaque with a picture of us and a beautiful quote about love.


"But what binds humans? Love.

Powerful in small spaces, yet with profound effect in distances. Love defies time, outliving both its source, and its object. Love is faster than light, for light requires time in order to travel through space. But love reaches its object instantaneously.

Love journeys forever, into infinity. And it's here, binding together two lives."


Oh, and I thought you would enjoy seeing how I took the picture of the plaque. I had to put something in front because it  kept getting me in my pjs in the reflection!


Happy Birthday to me!!

1 comments:

Juliane said...

Love the Gilmore Girls shirt! much better than "Faux Poes Foes" too.